Natural oils have been used worldwide to soften the skin and enhance beauty. Hemp and olive oil are among the most popular natural and carrier oils. Both oils promote hair growth and soothe cracked skin but differ in several ways. Most oil has some health benefits, but each has different benefits in varying amounts. To determine hemp as the best oil, we will further learn the difference between them. Read the article to know why hemp oil is more beneficial than olive oil.
Olive oil vs Hemp oil benefits
- Health experts considered hemp oil one of the world’s healthiest oil as it is naturally rich in omega 3 SDA (which is the most powerful type of fatty acid). On other hand, Olive oil is rich in vitamins, fats, and antioxidants, all of which contribute to younger-looking skin. Although olive oil has various nutritional advantages when consumed, it is also applied to the skin and hair.
- In spite of the fact that both olive oil and hemp oil are rich sources of essential fatty acids but their contents differ.
- Olive oil is mainly monounsaturated fat, which means it is high in EFA omega-9. Hemp oil is a more balanced oil in terms of EFAs, with a 3-to-1 omega-6 to omega-3 ratio. Despite its low omega-3 content, hemp oil will be a beneficial addition to your diet since it is a good source of omega-3s, an essential nutrient for brain and skin function.
Olive oil Vs Hemp oil benefits for skin
Olive oil contains omega fatty acids, which help prevent fine lines and wrinkles on your face and give you plumper, tighter, and brighter skin. Whereas Hemp oil locks in moisture, calms, soothes and improves tone and texture.
- Olive oil includes vitamin E, which works well as a moisturiser for dry skin. Hemp oil, on the other hand, not only moisturizes dry skin but also tightens the skin's look, which improves the look of the skin.
- The inflammatory properties of hemp oil make it an excellent treatment for conditions like eczema or swelling. Whereas olive oil serves more like a face oil, hydrating and soothing the skin on the outside.
How to use them on the skin
Olive Oil on skin: Olive oil mixed with sugar works best as an exfoliator and gives the skin a radiant glow.
Hemp oil on skin: Cleanse your face and apply a teaspoon of hemp oil to your face and let it sit for the day for glowing skin.
Benefits of olive oil vs hemp oil on hair
Olive oil works excellent for hair. It cleans out clogged hair follicles and nourishes the roots of your hair. It is an effective home remedy for premature greying and hair fall whereas Hemp oil is an excellent remedy for dull and limp hair that lacks vibrancy, as well as itchy or dry scalps.
How to use them on hair
Olive Oil: For effective results, use this DIY hair care method. Massage 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon olive oil into the scalp for 10 minutes. Wash it off with water after 30 minutes. This restores the hair's natural shine.
Hemp oil: Add a small amount of oil to your shampoo or conditioner once a week for the best results.
Hence, therefore we can conclude that both oils work wonders for the skin. But hemp oil is healthier than olive oil due to its rich omega-3 properties which add more benefits to your skin and hair. So make your hair and skin healthier by adding hemp oil to your hair and skincare routine. Buy now hemp oil from one of the well know brands ‘nature’s cure all’ for skin care and hair product.